Thursday, March 13, 2008

Vintage Rose Collage




Today is a bit of a play day. I bought these wonderful clear stamps from sweet Gail at Shabby Cottage Studio and they have been "burning a hole" on my painting table for way too long. They finally came out of the wrapper today and became part of my artwork du jour! I started with a piece of wrapping paper that had a bit of a collage thing for starters. Various stamps were used with ink colors ranging from metallics, burgundy, rose & coffee, then embossing powders in an aged gold and white pearl were randomly sprinkled on, then heated with a heat gun to bubble away merrily. Before the heating, I discovered that I could take the sharp end of a wooden skewer and clean out areas where I really didn't want the embossing powder to stay, especially inside letters. I had the makings for some quick little mirrors and used a template to draw circles for the mirror backs. Before cutting out the circles, I painted some soft little pink roses in and around the embossing. When dry, cut out circles & assemble the mirrors. Voila! Quick & sweet & ready to give or sell. Hmmm....

3 comments:

Today: In Seven said...

Stumbled in and just wanted to say hi. These are very pretty.

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Gosh Patte, how did I miss these!!!!!! They are GORJUSS!!!!

Also you might want to stop over to my blog and see what you won and follow the link to where you can send me your address. ;-)

Congratulations!

Gail

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

These are sweet!