Thursday, November 10, 2016

Two Days and Counting

I know it looks like I skipped a day but I think my count was off by a day.  All the painting is done. Here is one last pendant created from my artwork. This was from a watercolor batik painting I did a few years ago, photographed and printed out very small, then mounted in the bezel and finished with a layer of Ice Resin.  The original painting is quite large - 12" x 36" or thereabouts.

I am finishing up the tagging and otherwise prepping merchandise, getting my inventory list updated and in order, and gathering all the "stuff" required to make a craft show booth. See you on the other side!

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Day Four and Counting

This is a bit more contemporary in design. The blues and greens are definitely watery Florida colors!  The base started with a layered Gelli print with very subtle patterning.  If you are in the Central Florida area this Saturday, Great Day in Oviedo is a great one day art/craft show!  I will be in Booth #53. Stop by and say Hi!

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Day Five and Counting

After a busy weekend I am back to finishing up some more items for sale this coming Saturday.  These necklaces start with the same snippets of art papers as the cards do.  Love the organic feel of them!

Friday, November 4, 2016

Day Eight and Counting

Next up is another Gelli print. This  one has an allover script stamp for the background and one of my hand cut stamps and the focal design. Don't look now but the script stamp is upside down.  I wasn't looking for something legible as a stamp, just used it as background texture.  Shhhh..... Let's see if anyone notices.  Simplicity today.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Nine Days and Counting

Continuing on with new artwork for the upcoming show.  This started out looking totally different.  I began with a Gelli print with a stamped image on top.  I didn't like the upper right corner of the page so I cut part of it away then tore off the rest.  When I found the dictionary page referencing "brain" stuff it seemed suited to the head context.  I wanted more of the wording to show so I trimmed off a bit on the left side to expose more of the text.  The embossed bee got cut off a bit but the wing was still there. Played off the wing idea by using some wash tape with wings and a butterfly embellishment I had laying around from another project.  This was definitely a bit of trial and error playing around with whatever was laying about on the workbench.  And the reason why mixed media artists have so much stuff collected for art fodder.  Never know what might come in handy!!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Ten Days and Counting

Been getting ready for an upcoming art/craft show that is next Saturday, Nov. 12. These are some art cards that I have been preparing for sale.  Each one starts with altered CitraSolv papers. Stencils, stamping and embossing then all the layers glued onto the card body.  Each one is its own work of art as no two are alike!  Next up, Gelli printing with stamping and other elements. Stay tuned.....