Thursday, July 25, 2013

Glass Pendant

Artist Expo in Houston is over for another year! Class was 32 students strong and they had a great time creating lots of scarves. Now it is time to clean up the studio which is in dire need of an overhaul once again. How do I manage to make such a mess? While that is going on, not much in the way of artwork is happening. I do have a photo for you of a new piece of artwork to wear. My great friend, Margot, has a company that manufactures the color for fired glass (and Mud) - uniqueglasscolors.com. Her art partner, SJ, created some small pendant size dangles before we left for Houston. When I saw them I could see the potential for some necklace work. A little coated wire, a few beads, and the glass as a focal point was all it took to create some wearable art. What do you think?

No comments: