Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Playing with Shrink Plastic

The weekend testing grounds... die cut shrink plastic! I used the Tattered Florals die from Tim Holtz and sandwiched a piece of shrink plastic between two sheets of grunge paper (another TH product). Ran this through my Vagabond. I also slipped in a piece of plain card stock against the outside plate furthest from the cutting blades. This seems to give me a better cut from the grunge paper and the grunge paper cushions the shrink plastic so it doesn't break or tear. Then I punched holes in my floral shapes, used various stamps with StazOn ink in Royal purple and used my heat gun to shrink the plastic. I didn't want flat flowers so stopped heating before they went totally flat and teased some of the ends up while they cooled. There is a white card stock shape in the last photo so you can see the amount of shrinkage. The largest flower went from 3-1/4" to about 1-1/2". End use? Don't know yet but really happy with the results. They will find their way into art somewhere!

No comments: