Tuesday, September 25, 2007

New techniques & directions


Normally I paint in acrylics but was reintroduced to watercolor batik this summer. I signed up for a Kathie George seminar at the annual SDP convention and thoroughly enjoyed the class. It was so inspirational, I came home and started using my own designs with this technique. The technique is fairly easy and the application of wax layers means the finished design is a bit of a surprise. I am taking the process a bit further by incorporating metallic acrylics, Prismacolor pencils and/or chalk pastels along with stamping, etc. This photo shows my current piece with the wax ironed off and no further embellishment. I will post the finished piece for comparison in a day or so.


What new techniques have you recently tried?

No comments: