Here is the experimental silk piece I found in the test pile. The colors were a bit too bright so I decided to overdye it again to tone down the acid yellow. Shoved the whole piece down into a Solo cup and dumped some Mud dye on top (Mud dye is a mixture of excess dye - I keep a bottle handy for collecting excess dye that doesn't get used up. Mud dye is great for over dyeing!) Color still not right - back in the Solo cup. This time I poured on some Turquoise over the wet silk to cool the colors a bit more. That did the trick! Once the silk was ironed dry I fused it to a piece of black cotton with Heat & Bond light to bond these two fabrics together. Now I had a nice stable base for the next step!