Now it's time to play with the silk spaghetti! All of these tiny little strings were from the trimmings left over from making the second jacket. I used a lovely varigated thread in my machine on the jacket and decided that would work perfectly for what I had in mind. Keeping that idea of a cruciform shape in the back of my mind, I started placing silk spaghetti on the background one strip at a time and stitching down the middle of the string. Some of the strings were so thin that was sometimes difficult to do. If the stitching fell off to one side a bit, oh well! I alternated the strings - first a vertical one then a horizontal one, then back to vertical until I had a pleasing arrangement. I love how sometimes there is a lot of contrast in color in some places and not so much in others. I even let one of the spaghetti strands cross over another. My goal wasn't for nice straight rows but for more of a wonky path to be created.