Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Little Progress 13/30

Some days progress is not that evident and today is one of those. When I started the canvas paint was applied loose & juicy. Even the fronds were applied freehand without a lot of planning. Even though I am making design choices as I go, I do have an overall idea of what I want to accomplish versus painting totally free and intuitive. So today was a day for planning & prepping - small movements. The seahorse pattern I am using has many intricate little sections. When I originally created the line drawing for him I made the lines & segments of him very graphic because he was designed for a watercolor batik painting. He turned out so well I knew I would use him again. Fortunately, I kept all my drawings and had a variety of sizes to choose from. And I have placement for the main elements. Lots of tracing ensued. And getting the basecoat for these areas applied. Won't bore you with the details of that! What I do have to share is that drawing on the tracing paper from a couple of days ago. He is now permanently attached! Some days are baby steps...

5 comments:

kelly hoernig said...

am loving the progression Patte, can't wait to see the finished piece - can you hurry a bit LOL

sistersoftheart said...

All in good time, my dear, all in good time!

Karen Stewart Elliott said...

And coming along so well . . . even with baby steps!

Zoe said...

Oooh I love your seahorse... Looking forward to seeing the completed canvas :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I'm lovin' your baby steps … and am looking forward to seeing more!