Monday, August 12, 2013

Step Two Progress 12/30

The next step was to thin some Ultramarine Blue (DecoArt Traditions) and start at the other end of the canvas, dripping & slapping on some paint, spraying with water to diffuse and create even more runs, then spatter on some alcohol for even more holes. Once this dried, I decided to pull in the big easel. This canvas is quite a bit bigger than I usually work! I took some Raw Umber (DA Traditions) and based in a few long undulating frond shapes, then drew in some lines of Raw Sienna (DA Traditions) to get some veiny texture started.
Here is a photo of the canvas sitting on the easel so you can see how large this is - canvas is 24" x 48" - probably one of the largest I have ever worked on!

2 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

How exciting for you to be stretching your canvas size! And I'm enjoying seeing your creative expression evolve!

Karen Stewart Elliott said...

I love your painting. The colors are so inviting!!